Appointment Only Service Begins June 15
How Does Appointment Only Service Work?
- Call (921-2556) to make an appointment for copy/fax/print services ONLY.
- At the scheduled time, staff will let you in through the front door.
- Please wait at the designated spot while staff assists you.
- Please observe social distancing throughout the appointment.
- If children are present, they must stay with guardian at all times.
- At this time, ONLY copy/fax/print services will be provided through appointment only.
- No appointments may made be made to browse collections or leisure use of computers – sorry!
- Appointments are available on the hour and begin one hour after opening and end one hour before closing.
- Curbside pickup for library materials continues at the kitchen entrance.
Curbside Pickup Continues
How does Curbside Pickup work?
- Patrons request items via telephone or Facebook/Instagram messenger.
- Patrons may request up to ten items. No more than ten items may be checked out on your library card during this time.
- After requesting items, staff will pull those items and call the patron to schedule a time for pickup (similar to grocery pickup). Appointments are available an hour after library opening and end 30 minutes before closing.
- Library staff will tell the patron at which pickup door to arrive.
- Library staff will place items in a bag labeled with the patrons name at the top of the appointment time.
- Patrons then have a half an hour window in which to pick up their items.
- Items that are not picked up during that time will require a rescheduled appointment.
Pickup is available:
Monday/Tuesday: 1-5 p.m.
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Find your next read with our list of new titles added. The list will be updated, so check back.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page!
Resources for Covid-19
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0CxtzJrTZi0XFJO2n1mQvCYDCSsC3ptwVL_rnRZeMqz6KfV9duKxvF2h8
Virginia Department of Health: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/?fbclid=IwAR0GY2DwDgfpo0i-DFKDIRcplD5fK4MmpbC9M1kSFZ4k1pwQ1PO9piaZCM4
Calling all history buffs!
After WWI ended, the Virginia War History Commission surveyed Virginia veterans with a 4 page questionnaire. Help the Library of Virginia transcribe these questionnaires, or just browse.